It’s time for a Spring Clean
It’s that time of year where we all like to open the windows and give our homes a good spring clean. We have found 10 ways you can use vinegar…it’s not just a condiment for your fish and chips!
1. Dishwasher Cleaner: Get rid of odours and soap build up. Clean your dishwasher about once a month by pouring a cup of white vinegar inside the empty machine and running it on a normal cycle.
2. Stainless Steel Cleaner: Soak a sponge or cloth in white vinegar and wring out, wipe over your stainless steel surfaces and then buff with a clean, dry cloth.
3. Microwave: In a microwave safe bowl, mix 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar and 1/2 cup water. Microwave on full power for up to 5 minutes depending on the power of your microwave. Baked-on food will be loosened for you to wipe clean.
4. Put the sparkle back into your sink: Sprinkle the entire sink with bicarbonate of soda and use a soft sponge to scrub the basin. Rinse the sink with vinegar, which will bubble and fizz, rinse with water.
5.Shiny Windows: mix 2 tablespoons of white vinegar with a gallon of water, and dispense into a used spray bottle. Squirt on, then scrub with newspaper, not paper towels, which cause streaking.
6. Natural Anti-bacterial Cleaner: Put a bunch of sage (twist it until the fragrance is released) into a jar, along with 2 cups of white vinegar, leave to infuse for a minimum of 2 weeks. When ready, put equal amounts of water and infused vinegar into a spray bottle. Spray surfaces and wipe clean with a cloth.
7. Drain Cleaner: Pour into your drain, ½ cup of baking soda then 1 cup of white vinegar and let it sit for about half an hour. Then pour boiling water down to clean the clog.
8. Floor Cleaner: Simply mix 1/2 cup of white vinegar in 1 gallon of warm water and then use a sponge or mop to clean the floors.
9. Home made wood cleaner: 1/4 cup of white vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Mix the ingredients together in a bowl, use a cloth to clean your wood furniture.
10. Shiny Glasses: soak paper towels or a cloth in white vinegar and wrap around the inside and outside of the glass. Let sit for a while before rinsing clean.
If you have anymore tips or uses for vinegar then feel free to leave us a comment.